Sunday, March 10, 2019

Kittens Are Nearly Here

     Hello,
   It is finally supposed to be a lovely day outside.  Warm and looks like no sign of rain.  Wow, what WILL we do???

   My next litter is due to deliver on or about the 16th of March, that is just around the corner.  (That's also the title to a song I know) lol.
    HONEY is the mom and she is healthy and looking really full with kittens and she is restless today, I wonder if that is an indication she may deliver early. I will probably be sleeping in the living room closer to her and her birthing box for the next week until she delivers, just to be sure I am there.

    So if anyone is wanting to make sure they may get a kitten in this litter, please contact me at Cherished Siberians or call at 540-727-8950.

    Also, please, please.....this is my home and not a business establishment, I cannot just have people "come to see my animals" at any time.  These are my pets, my babies, my family (furry though they may be).  I got some strange phone calls lately with messages left that were, I felt, completely inappropriate.    If you would like allergy testing, a date and time must be prearranged, otherwise I may not even be home.  And, no, I don't generally have ones just drop by to see my cats, like I said these are my pets and this is in my home.  Would you accept visitors to "see" your children?  So, in it's proper place and for the right reasons ones do come to sit with one or two cats to check their allergy issues.  Even though Siberians are super low on the allergen levels, rarely, but it happens, that someone cannot tolerate even these wonderful cats.  And that is so sad to see them leave in tears knowing these were their last chance at a feline pet. It's heartbreaking to me too.  BUT I have to say 98%   of those who have tested their allergies with me , HAVE been able to adopt a baby.  And that makes my services so special to me. I love making people happy and their pet dreams come true.

     So HONEY is on the horizon for delivery very soon and I will post pictures when the happy event unfolds.  She is a very good mother, and she is really, really coming out of her shell too.  She doesn't act shy now at all.  But her kittens never were shy, she didn't teach them to be. So that is good.

    I am hoping we can get some classic colors for those of you who have asked.  HOKO and DREAMER mating with GARRETH.....we don't stand a chance, lol, they will have Colorpoints except on an rare occasions when a color from her past lines may show up.

     But we also have ABIGAIL who will give us classic colors as well.  So....well, she won't have kittens for a couple of months, but we will see what comes along.  Keep posted and pictures will ensue as kittens  and litters appear. I believe HOKO will be next to deliver after HONEY.  Here's to sleepless nights until the babies arrive.  yay, I mean ugh, I mean yay.

Doreene Richmond
Cherished Siberians
Culpeper, Va.

No comments:

Post a Comment