Friday, April 19, 2013

Today is Friday, April 19th.  It looks like we're gearing up for a storm here in Culpeper.  I wonder how much of Virginia will be hit.  But most importantly, it is the due date of my Siberian cat, Gracie.  Of course, we all know what happens with due dates, but here I sit with her in her room.  She has gotten into the birthing box, which I made all by myself.  I was proud of my first attempt with making a wooden box with a cut out area so the female can get in and feel safe to birth their kittens.

She is now out of the box, laying on the cool wood floor. Her big belly bulging as she lays on her side.  Poor girl.  I'll feel as happy as she when the event finally starts unfolding.  For now, I will indulge in a little blog writing to amuse myself until she feels the pangs.  I hope it'll be today and not wait until tomorrow, but there is no way of telling in these things.


Akimi is getting fuller and rounder too.  She will be due next weekend.  And right now she is in the hallway with Toby looking over a plastic bag from my daughter's  purchases earlier today.  They are investigating it with all the interest of two scientists on the verge of an important discovery.




Maliha is also doing well.  She has the last litter that is due a few weeks after Akimi.  She has never had a litter yet, so she will be my scary episode.  I always worry worst when it's a first litter.

For now, back to Gracie and sitting with her until her blessed event starts.

As soon as the Gracie's kittens are born, I will be posting pictures here and on Cherished Siberians.  My pricing and FAQ information can all be found.there.  If you have any questions, please contact me at cherishedsiberians@gmail.com, or leave a comment below.  And if you would like to set up an allergy test, contact me for an appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment