Monday, September 28, 2015

HOKO'S LITTER

I feel so foolish, I thought I'd written about the final outcome of Hoko's  litter, and looking just now, I realized I didn't.   Hoko had 4 that I had written about in my last blog post.  But then  FOUR and a HALF hours later....she had another one.  The final tally is 3 girls and 2 boys.  All Blue Tabby's and one Colorpoint.  The Colorpoint is a little boy.  The only other boy was (of course) a Blue Tabby as well and someone snatched him up already.
   So there are 3 girl Blue Tabby's and one Colorpoint boy available from Hoko's litter now.
     Both Mommy and all the kittens are doing VERY well now.  At first she wouldn't stay in the box with her kittens.  She acted very stressed out.  I went and picked up a bottle of calming spray and added that to the side of her birthing box, and you know???......she climbed into the box and settled down and hasn't had a bit of problem since.  I wouldn't have believed it had I not seen it myself.  That little bit of calming spray was exactly what she needed.  And the kittens little tummies are getting sooooo fat.  That is a good sign.  And they are happy and well fed.

Here are a few pictures.  Sorry about Hoko's red eye.  I need to learn how to fix that. (smile)  So much I am still learning.








They really are so cute, aren't they?  Of course, their eyes aren't opened yet.
But thanks for putting up with me and my lapse in memberance.  And I will post new pictures of Maliha's babies now that their eyes are opened.
Thank you for reading the blog at Cherished Siberians in Culpeper, Va.  Have a great evening and keep dry....it's raining ....again.

No comments:

Post a Comment